Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree: Failed to write refresh token to keychain

KoSKuma December 27, 2016

I'm using macOS Sierra (10.12.2) on MacBook Pro (Early 2011). I have been using SourceTree since last year but this is the first time I am adding my accounts after I clean install my OS. I used to manually clone the repositories one by one.

I just installed SourceTree 2.4 (93) and try adding second account. That's when I found an error.

When I first download SourceTree, the setup process walk me through setting up the first account, which is GitHub account, at that works fine. After that, I go to Accounts in `Preferences` and add my second account which is Bitbucket account. I can `Connect Account` just fine and my username showed up. I click OK and then go to `remote` repository tab to see repository. That's when SourceTree display an error as follow:

Screen Shot 2559-12-28 at 2.39.18 PM.png

I was asked to enter the Atlassian account again. I entered my username and password, but the error still keep coming back.

Then I tried running SourceTree from terminal, and I see that SourceTree cannot write token in keychain as follows:

Screen Shot 2559-12-28 at 2.41.30 PM.png

So it seem that the problem is: SourceTree cannot write to `Keychain Access`, except for initial setup.

Are there any solution to this problem?
Thank you very much!

3 answers

1 vote
aujang January 20, 2017

I have the exact same problem, and it is infuriating. The latest updates to SourceTree for OSX have broken both this and SSH functionality.

0 votes
Adrian Merwood March 6, 2017

Same issue here - fails for Github for me

0 votes
Eric Londaits February 8, 2017

I'm also having this issues and I'm interested in a solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events