Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree BitBucket not authorized error

Faizal Rub
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 20, 2017

I recently changed my windows password and pushing the changes from sourcetree to bitbucket throws unauthorized error.it was working before. It prompts for user I'd and password and displays the error. I am able to login on the bitbucket with the same user I'd and password. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Mandar Godse
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2019

I am facing this issue as well, every time I change my password. I have already posted it another JIRA ticket.  

The error I see in the logs Credentials not found for sourcetree rest https:user@host.com

The error I see on the screen: Failed to check login for user-XXX: You do not have permissions to access the URL: https:.xxxx.xx.com-rest-api-1-0-users-xxxxxx. Please check the user credentials associated with this account. The request returned with status code Unauthorized.

Note those XXX are substitute for my ID and Host Name.
I have access to the URL I can login to bitbucket from the browser from various different machines. Also the same API it complains Unauthorized, I can get a nice results in the browser on the same machine. Its the Sourcetree/bitbucket integration issue, it is extremely annoying.

Source Tree Version for Windows 3.1.3.
Atlassian Bitbucket v5.15.1

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2017

Hi Faizal, to help us better understand your issue, can you provide the following:

• Which password exactly did you change?  
  • Can you send as a screenshot of the error you get?
  • If you try pushing the changes via the command line, do you get any error?
  • Lastly, which version of SourceTree and Windows are you using?

Regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events