SourceTree Access is limited

An RRD users is unable to clone certain repositories locally. Specifically projects in the xxxxx repository. I am able to clone all projects in the xxxxx repository. 
The error received:----Repository not foundThe requested repository does not exist, or you do not have permission to access it.fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists.
----
Troubleshooting to date:
1. Thought it was too old of version of SourceTree - Other users have the same access permissions and are not experiencing this issue.

2. Fixed branch permissions on the xxx-xxx-xxx repo for my user - Did not fix issue.

3. Using Terminal.app, tried to manually clone the repo - Did not work.

2 answers

0 vote

Hi Kim, if the user is having the same problem when using the terminal, then the issue is not related to Sourcetree but is with the permissions to the repo itself.

Make sure he has the right permissions to access the repo and that he doesn't belong to a group with conflicting permissions as the most restrictive will apply.

If you're still having issues, you can let us know the owner and name of the affected repo and the username of this person so we can have a look.

Best regards,

Ana

Thank you Ana for your response.  

This user does have permission to access the repo and belongs to the same groups as other users that do have access and aren't experiencing issues with access.

We host these applications ourselves, making it unlikely that you would have direct access to review the affected repository.  Although, I am happy to set up a webx/screen share to review.

Thank you,

Kim

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

267 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot