Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling a branch created on a different workstation has caused some issues, a little help?

Thuggers October 21, 2017

(I am new to source control so please forgive me for any terminology or procedural blunders)

Last night I created a New branch when working in my home office. I made some edits and committed the Branch and pushed it to the remote. When I arrived at my other office this morning I 'pulled' the new remote branch but under options I did not uncheck the commit merged changes immediately. This seems to have 'merged' the changes from the remote branch back into the master branch which I did NOT want to do, I wanted to continue working on the New branch keeping it separate from the master. On my Work computer it now shows a [2] on the Push Icon when I am on the master branch and there was No New branch. I Then Selected the Remote Repo and checked out the new branch and it is now appearing in my local repo, I think that is now solved.

How do I get my Master branch on this system back to 'normal'? There should be NO changes waiting to be pushed on this system for the master branch...

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2017

Hi Michael, are you using Git? In that case, git revert or git reset could be good options for you, you can read more about them at  Undoing changes I encourage you to always have a copy of your repos before performing any of these operations, just in case ;)

In any case, note that this is actually a Git question and not a Sourcetree question, as this is related directly to the way Git works and Sourcetree is just a graphical tool for Git :)

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events