Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission denied when trying to pull

Leonel February 27, 2014

I have Sourcetree installed on my Mac OSX and it's running smoothly on my machine.

I'm trying to help a co-working resolve an error she's getting when using Sourcetree.

When she clicks the Pull button, she gets a fatal error: cannot create directory Permission Denied. See attached image.

The error doesn't seem to be related to the SSH keys. She can do git push, but not git pull. Every time she needs to pull, she has to do it through the Terminal using sudo.

How can we fix the error?

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

Check ownership/permissions on her local directory.

Leonel February 27, 2014

If I change the permissions of her local directory, wouldn't that change the permissions on the repo?

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

It might, but if her user isn't allowed to write to those directories/files, SourceTree won't be able to pull.

1 vote
Leonel March 5, 2014

Had to change the permissions of the "staff" group for that directory to Read/Write

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2014

So I don't get any credit for helping you figure this out?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events