Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting files pushed by my coworker, please help

Aaron King April 29, 2019

I have tried logging in, updating everything, pushing all files, pulling and fetching all files, but nothing comes through. According to my coworker, he is doing the same, but I'm not getting any changes he's making.

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2019

Hi

Apologies if these are obvious questions.

Have you both confirmed you are using the same remote? In Windows use the settings cog in the upper left of Sourcetree to view  the remote being used by your repository. 

Can you confirm your colleagues changes are on the remote host? Either by viewing the repository Log View and checking their changes are visible as being on the remote or by viewing the repository log on the remote host.

Are you both looking at the same branch?

Do the push/pull/fetch requests complete successfully?

Aaron King May 2, 2019

Yes to all of the above, that's what irritates me. We're using Gamemaker Studio 2's built in commit button, is that it?

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2019

I'm not familiar with Gamemaker Studio, or its Git functionality, but if the commits are visible in on the Remote host, then you should be able to get them.

What host are you using?

Presumably you get the same experience if you try and pull/fetch from the Git command line?

Aaron King May 3, 2019

I'm using BitBucket, and only my commits are visible. He can see everything I commit, but not the other way around.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events