Need to insert new SSH keys each day

Something strange is going on with my Sourcetree. Each day I need to generate new ssh keys otherwise I get 'permission denied' error. I need to manually delete the old ones from the ssh folder on my mac because if I just copy the old one and try to insert it again in bitbucket I get 'key already exists' error so it's not the key that it doesn't match but it's something else. 

1 answer

0 votes

What version of Sourcetree are you using?

What OS are you running?

What is the output of ssh-add -l (does it contain the identities you expect)?

• I am using the latest 2.6.3 version of Sourcetree
  • Running macOS High Sierra 10.13.2
  • That command returns: The agent has no identities.

I noticed that the problem happens once I close Sourcetree and then open it again. This is the error I get:

Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 22.10.04.png

And then I check this:

Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 22.11.02.png

I click copy to clipboard and then go to integrations> ssh in bitbucket and after I try to insert the key I get this:

Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 22.11.51.png

So if I try to enter the key again I get that message so everything is ok with my key, nothing is modifying it.

To be able to fix this I need to manually remove the key from my ssh folder, generate new one and then add it to bitbucket. After that it works, until I close Sourcetree, and then again.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

229 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot