Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move to a new Mac

Silvan David
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2015

Hi

I am working with xampp - hence my project is in users/david/applications/xampp/htdocs.

This is also the path that SourceTree keeps a history on.

I am moving to a new Mac soon and I want to copy this project. I will install SourceTree of course as well.

Where is the SourceTree "database" kept so I can transfer it to my new Mac?

Many thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

Ok, there should be a hidden folder in the root of your repository named either .git (if you use Git) or .hg (if you use Mercurial). As long as that folder gets copied with all of it's contents, you should be good.

You'll still need to add the repo to your bookmarks in the new installation of sourcetree.

0 votes
Silvan David
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 16, 2015

Hi

I mean the commit history, branches etc yes!

I assume I am using git, I don't know what mercurial is...

Thanks

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

By database, do you mean the commit history, branches, etc? Or do you mean data like bookmarks and preferences? Also, are you using git or mercurial (hg)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events