Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is git file change monitoring broken ? It surely looks so!

iongion June 6, 2017

In the new SourceTree, there is a serious issue with file monitoring whenver I start VSCode, Sublime or Atom, changed files just appear and dissappear erratically, not giving enough time to check the ones for the commit.

Not only this, but sometimes I commit considering all changes were included, only to find out that 2-3 new files appear again.

This really makes SourceTree unreliable, I have made a recording here

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/SourceTree-discussions/Visual-Studio-Code-conflict/td-p/586917

What can it be ? These editors usually have built-in git functionality, maybe there is a conflict, but no such conflict appears in GitTower or GitKraken, the other two SCM IDEs I have tried.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jyo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

Hi Ionut,Under the General preferences, can you try and disable "Automatic file refresh on file change" and uncheck the "refresh when app is in background"?Thanks,Jesse

1 vote
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

Hello! Due to how most IDEs work (lots of file writing...), I highly recommend that you disable "refresh automatically when files change" via the Options menu. Also, uncheck the "refresh when app is not in focus" so that SourceTree will automatically refresh when it regains focus.

0 votes
iongion June 7, 2017

Thanks guys, I did that and it appears not to wobble again! That is great!

But please know that previous SourceTree never had this issue and as explained above, others do not have it either, there must be something changed wrongfuly with new SourceTree file watching.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events