Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal diff limits completely broken?

I Miller January 31, 2020

Having this issue on 3.3.6 on W7, and it's so egregious I want to believe I'm doing something wrong and it wasn't just shipped like this. I have a repository with a large amount of custom binary files that Sourcetree doesn't catch, so every time they are highlighted on the modified files list and such, the whole thing freezes for 10+ seconds trying to display their contents.

So obviously, I try to exclude them through the Diff settings, on the Internal Diff View. I tried specifying the extensions in question (using * for wildcard, as it indicates right there -- e.g. if it was xyz, I added ",*.xyz" at the end, nothing weird)

I also tried specifying both "Size Limit (Text)" and "Size Limit (Binary)" (I'm not sure which one they are being treated as, so covering all bases just in case) to something I have quadruple-checked is far below the actual sizes involved.

I restarted the client. Closed and reopened the repository tab. Re-imported the repository. Pressed F5. Looked for some sort of local, repository-only override to the settings that was undoing the changes. Every other thing I could think of. Absolutely no signs of this functionality even existing on Sourcetree, as far as I can tell.

Short of putting it on OllyDbg or something and checking what's going on behind the scenes, I'm all out if ideas. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get this working, I would be very grateful.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events