It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Installation Nightmare

I don't have any questions. I just want to say that I have helped multiple people install Sourcetree and it is the shittiest experience I have ever had. To make an installation fail or not complete because of your crappy authentication and requirement to setup an Atlassian account or login is just stupid. I am still not able to install SourceTree in a windows VM, because of some ridiculous browser cookie issue. I have had it, that is the last time I will install Sourcetree and use my time on learning command-line git. Thanks for all the waisted time and extra push to learn something new so I don't have to do this ever again.

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey Atlassian Team Jun 20, 2018

Hi

I'm sorry you had a poor experience. We continue to review the installation and registration process and address issues as they are reported. We have not experienced issues installing or registering in a VM, but if you were able to provide any additional details we would investigate.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,917 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you