Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect email address and password when trying to login to sourcetree Mac OSX Client

Tanisha Kankam July 25, 2017

I downloaded the Sourctree Mac AND Windows client and get the same error when trying to login. I am trying to use my existing atlassian credentials which gets me into Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, etc..

It continues to display the message that my email address or password is incorrect.

What do I need to check to make sure I can logn to this tool?

Thanks

Tanisha

1 answer

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2017

Can you please try to login to id.atlassian.com and if your credentials work here, it shoould work on SoruceTree too. If not, you might need to get it right here and then try logging in to SourceTree. 

Hi,

Yes, I can login to id.atlassian.com just fine. But when I attempt to login to the sourcetree app I continue to get the error.

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 5.03.40 PM.png

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2017

I get the following:

"

{"timezone":"America/Denver","fullName":"xxxxxx","email":"xxx.xxxxx@xxx.com","emailHash":"9e7bf1870db8b74a6c6a5","emails":[{"value":"xxxxx.xxxx@www.com","primary":true}],"pendingEmail":null,"username":"xxxx.ssss@xxx.com","org":"Quest","latestIpAddress":"113.111.243","title":null,"validatedEmails":["xxxx.xxxx@xxxx.com"],"fieldErrors":null}"
Manju
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2017

That sounds right. That is what is expected. I would recommend you to remove the text above and not expose your personal data on a public forum. 

One last check. Please run the below command on terminal and let me know what you see

defaults read com.TorusKnot.SourceTreeNotMAS "BitbucketEnvironmentStaging"

Thanks Manjunath, I removed my personal data.

I got the following after running the command:

"

The domain/default pair of (com.TorusKnot.SourceTreeNotMAS, BitbucketEnvironmentStaging) does not exist"

Manju
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2017

Everything is as expcted. I am not sure why the login is failing for you. Let me try to get you some help from our team which deals with identity here. 

Tanisha Kankam July 26, 2017

That will be great..Thank you!

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
July 27, 2017

Hi Tanisha, that could have been related to an issue we were experiencing at the beginning of this week. Can you try wiping Sourcetree preferences and see if you can log in now?

You also mentioned that you downloaded the SourceTree application for Mac and Windows, are you experiencing this issue in both of them?

Regards,

Ana

Tanisha Kankam August 7, 2017

Hello,

I still can't login. I am having the same issue.

Yes, I downloaded the application for Mac and Windows and am experiencing the same problem in both.

Can we schedule a screenshare to see what I may be doing wrong?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events