Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to have a working SourceTree to PUSH my commits. YET AGAIN sourcetree decided not to authenic

erbecks April 28, 2022

YET AGAIN sourceTree quit authenicating. YES i deleted the AppData/passwd file I uninstalled then downloaded current version and reinstalled. When I push it pops up with password. I give it the password that works at the web BitBucket page and it refuses to authenticate. 

IS IT REALLY THAT DIFFICULT TO MAKE THE PRODUCT WORK CONSISTENTLY DAY AFTER DAY?

WHY AFTER WEEKS OF RUNNING FINE WILL IT DECIDE TO CEASE AUTHENTICATION?

1 answer

0 votes
Natchiar Venkatachalam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2022
erbecks May 2, 2022

Look -- people use these tools to speed up their workflow. They are working on their own software and shouldn't have to deal with your wild FIXes. It is frustrating that I committed/pushed one project at end of day then, when I tried the other 2 projects, I got the error. In the intervening time I didn't change any passwords. I simply clicked on the tab for the next project. Your NUMEROUS steps / methods did NOT work. After multiple uninstalls / re-installs it started working. Once would be tolerable. This was not the first time!! At the risk of anthropomorphism, it really seems like your SourceTree is able to detect when I have the least time to deal with this. Note also that one of your Auth steps redirects to a web page asking for id. When I enter my BitBucket ID it tells me that ID is already in use. I know it is. That redirect obviously wants to create a new account.         My advice is to repeatedly reinstall until it starts to work. Since Atlassian is all about project tools maybe you should create a Jira issue and actually FIX THIS PROBLEM. This would eliminate customer frustration and many many many hours of lost time.  

erbecks May 3, 2022

SERIOUSLY !!! it is broken AGAIN this morning after working fine for a few days 

It should either work all the time or not at all!! 

Is there a random number generator that decides whether I can use SourceTree and bitbucket?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events