I am having trouble while pulling

Subrata Sarkar April 30, 2014

Hi,

I am using SourceTree on Windows 8.1. Last tile when I tried to pull a repo it broke after downloading around 200 MB of data. Then I copied the source to hard drive and pointed the folder as Working Copy.

I work in two different PCs. The other PC has Win 7 untimate where pulling and pushing work fine. Last night I pushed some changes from Win 7 PC and now trying to pull the changes from my Win 8.1 PC. When pulling I can only see the wheel spinning for indefinite time. I clicked on OK and got the message "Downloading changesets. Please wait...", but nothing seems to be happening (or may be something is happening but I don't know !)

Is it trying to pull the entire repo again?? If yes, why? I already have a working copy pointed.

Please help! I am stuck badly and need this to be resolved asap as I am running out of time :(

The repo is a Mercurial.

Regards,
Subrata Sarkar

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2014

Both Git and Mercurial are fundamentally different from centralized systems (Git, SVN) in that they operate by cloning an entire repository (including the full history of the branches you've requested, but not necessarily all remote branches).

If your repository is large and/or your internet connection is slow, it may take a long time to clone everything.

But you're in luck! Since you ALREADY have the repository on your Windows 7 machine, the fastest solution is going to be to copy that repository to your Windows 8 (just using a direct network connection or removable storage), then add that repository to SourceTree on Windows 8.1. Make sure to include the hidden .git folder.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events