Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore file name select options in Graph log panel (History view)

Sutton Yamanashi July 27, 2017

Somehow, in the history view, when reviewing a specific commit, the file names associated with the commit no longer appear underneath the commit details in the left hand section of the Graph log panel.  I can view all of the diffs for all associated files in the right hand section by scrolling.  However, the list of file name options on the left, which my workflow has come to depend on, is now missing.

I've come to depend on quickly scanning for files changed and clicking on a specific file of interest to view its diff on the right.

I've looked through all of the preferences and just haven't been able to find out how to reset this particular setting.  Thanks in advance for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2017

Hi Sutton! If my understanding is correct, you'd like to see on the right side all diffs related to the files in the left side, am I correct? (see screenshot)

sourcetree.png

In that case, you can enable that option by clicking on the Gear icon > Accounts > General and check the box for Select all files when selecting commit (see screenshot)

sourcetree2.png 

If you need more assistance, please remember to provide which SourceTree and OS version are you using.

Regards :)

Ana

Sutton Yamanashi July 28, 2017

Hi Ana!  Thanks for your reply!!

I tried that option and I'm still having the same problem.

SourceTree version: Version 2.3.2 (75) on MacOS Sierra Version 10.12.6

To clarify (I didn't realize we could post screenshots... awesome!), here is what I want (I used to have it) with the files displayed within the commit log:

Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 9.17.58 AM.png

Instead, here is what I have:

Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 9.19.41 AM.png

I'd like for the clickable files associated with a previous commit appear underneath the commit Date as in the first screenshot.  When clicking on a file name, the specific diffs would be displayed to the right associated only with the clicked file name.  These clickable file names used to appear until yesterday morning - and I believe I inadvertently changed a hidden setting.

Thanks again for your help!

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2017

Hi Sutton! The behaviour you described is exactly how it works for me.

Can you send us a screenshot of your preferences (Gear icon > Accounts > General) so we can see if something should be changed there? Alternatively, you can wipe your SourceTree preferences, which will reset all setting to default.

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events