Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a specific tagged version of code project from Sourcetree without effecting the existing code base

Sibaram Subudhi September 16, 2014

Hello Team,

Our Java project is in sourcetree and we tagged multiple times during the development phase. We are still working on it. Now my question is how can i get the code base based on a specific tagged version without impacting the present codebase.

I want to get the tagged version to some other location.

Could you please assist me by providing the steps to perform.

Thanks,

Sibaram

2 answers

1 vote
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

You need to create another clone either by copying the firs clone to a different folder or cloning the repository from the server to a new folder. Afterwards, you can check out the tag the same way you would check out a branch.

I am not getting the solution correctly. Could you please help me by mentioning in steps. I am using Sourcetree.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

In SourceTree, click "Clone/New". For the SourcePath, use the same remote as your existing repo, but choose a new local folder. This will give you a second repository on your machine. You can keep the first as the "present codebase", and use the second to check out old tags.

Thank You Seth.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

If you want a single use copy of the tagged version of code, rather than a full-featured repository, try the git archive command: http://git-scm.com/docs/git-archive

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events