Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change Bitbucket Account to Atlassian Account in SourceTree?

Jim Metzger August 11, 2016

Good Day!

I got the "let's unify your Bitbucket account with your Atlassian account" message today. Since that time, I have been out of the water totally using SourceTree. Every time I bring it up, it still refers back to my old Bitbucket userid. I have been through options and there appears to be no way to change the Bitbucket account or to add the Atlassian credentials. I uninstalled/reinstalled and it appears that it retains all the old information (in registry?) - so it is not a full uninstall.

How does one make this work? In the meanwhile, I am back to use git from the command line which is adding extra time to my development cycle.

One word: HELP!

Thanks,

Jim

5 answers

0 votes
kdmurray@gmail.com August 15, 2016

I'll give that a try tonight. Seems like a hack though. Atlassian should habe just included authentication with the Atlassian account when they updated SourceTree. 

0 votes
Rodney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2016

@kdmurray@gmail.com

I was able to recreate your problem be enabling two-factor authentication.  I removed my account and could no longer add it and I get your error.

I created an app password and that one seems to work, although I get this error message when I add it.

Login failed for your Bitbucket account.
The remote service said: 'The operation couldn’t be completed. (SDNetDomain error 7.)
{
    error =     {
        detail =         {
            granted =             (
                "pullrequest:write"
            );
            required =             (
                account
            );
        };
        message = "Your credentials lack one or more required privilege scopes.";
    };
}'

Even though the error occurs my repositories show up on the list though.

You can create an app password in Bitbucket->Settings->Access Management->App passwords.

0 votes
kdmurray@gmail.com August 14, 2016

No dice for me. I tried the steps Rodney mentioned (Remove, use BB uid and ATL pwd) and I'm still getting an error using the latest version of SourceTree on OSX.

Error Message:

Login failed for your Bitbucket account.
The remote service said: 'The operation couldn’t be completed. (SDNetDomain error 7.)
'
0 votes
Rodney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2016

I just removed and re-added my Bitbucket account in the Hosted Account List.  I used my old Bitbucket username with my Atlassian password.  It said Password OK, then proceeded to add my repos to the view.

0 votes
Jim Metzger August 11, 2016

Additionally, I tried to add the Atlassian account using email address and password. That does not work either since it will not accept an email address (even though it says the password is good).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events