Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I "continue" or "abort" an unshelve?

Owen Pellegrin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 15, 2017

I'm using SourceTree 2.3.1 on a Mac with a Mercurial repository.

I shelved some changes earlier so I could shift gears and make a different commit. I made that commit, then unshelved the changes. There were some conflicts, and it's left me in a completely broken state unless I break out the terminal.

If I try to commit, revert, or anything really, it fails and tells me "abort: unshelve already in progress (use 'hg unshelve --continue' or 'hg unshelve --abort')." It's cute that a GUI app asks me to input a command-line command, but frustrating because it doesn't offer an easy way for me to do it. 

Sometimes this happens when I try to rebase, and there's a "Continue" and "Abort" item in the Actions menu that lets me continue. In this case, they're both disabled. 

I was able to use the terminal to get past this, but it seems really dumb that the GUI won't let me choose "abort" without going to the terminal.

3 answers

2 votes
Nikunj Undhad January 9, 2019

This is really frustrating, do we any solution for this @Man ?

Its not allowing me to do anything else.

1 vote
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2017

Hi @Owen Pellegrin

You are right. Could you please submit a feature request on jira.atlassian.com ?

Thanks,
Manjunath
Sourcetree Mac Developer

Jason Wicker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 23, 2018

I can't get --abort OR --continue to work. They HG says it's not valid.

SO frustrating! 

image.png

Nikunj Undhad January 9, 2019

This is really frustrating, do we any solution for this @Man ?

Its not allowing me to do anything else.

Like sholyoak likes this
sholyoak
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 7, 2019

It's been 18 months. Seriously? This can't be resolved? I can't get my repository into a proper state because the UI can't handle this, and like @Jason Wicker , the command line doesn't recognize the shelve extension! Extremely frustrating

0 votes
wyte_sk133
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 4, 2019

Make sure you check `hg shelve --list` that your changes are still there or do other types of backup.

Run `hg update --clean`. This should get you out of the "unfinished update state."

Run `hg revert --all` to clean the working directory.

Run `hg resolve --list` and mark all of the files as resolved.

Run `hg update` to switch to your intended commit then run `hg unshelve`.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events