Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I reupload all images that are missing of my cloud LFS Bitbucket repo with SourceTree?

Jaume Calm Serra August 21, 2016

I started a new repo with all our creative work in the team now that LFS was released, so we can deprecate SVN.

Everything was fine with the command line, but the problem came with using SourceTree. Since the majority of our team are designers, they need a visual interface.
When making a commit all files that were supposed to be uploaded by the LFS are now missing (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/troubleshoot-git-lfs-in-bitbucket-831652519.html#TroubleshootGitLFSinBitbucket-missing_LFS_file).
How can somebody perform a reupload of those missing files from SourceTree?
Should we setup Custom Actions? How?

Thanks for your time. Cheers!

3 answers

0 votes
Rodney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2016

Hi Jaume,

Thanks for the info.

On my repository details there is a link next to "remaining" part called "View Details" that shows the files that were uploaded.  I used this interface to delete a file.

Then I used this command to force the upload from my working copy.

git lfs push origin master --all

This is from a Windows setup but I can try it on a Mac when I get to work.  The "install required" might be a separate issue since you can still execute lfs commands.

I used this link (https://github.com/github/git-lfs/tree/master/docs/man) to get some details of the available lfs commands.

Hope this works out for you.

Jaume Calm Serra August 22, 2016

Hi Rodney, thanks for replying.

I don't have any "remaining" part or "View Details" link in my repository details page on Bitbucket (where I suppose you are looking this thing from).

I made another commit through console and everything worked fine, but the missing images were still not uploaded.

Then I used the 'git lfs push origin master --all' command directly and it picked up the missing images, skipping the rest. Now I have the missing images into the cloud LFS server. Nice!!

Now, to fully respond my question we should figure out how to do this within SourceTree.

Rodney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2016

Oh you did say you wanted to push to LFS with SourceTree, sorry about that.  We needed to upload the files anyway because there were references that didn't have assets in LFS.

My setup is a bit different, I'm using SourceTree 2.3.1 (69), git 2.8.1 and git-lfs 1.2.0.  Which are the default versions on a fresh install.   Since you're running different versions I'm assuming you're using the System versions of the software and not the embedded versions.  Is there are reason you are using those versions?

With this setup I was able to Push and Pull repos with binary assets in LFS.  I had to follow the instructions provided here (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-3172) to install some tools to prevent SourceTree from asking my password over and over.

My first suggestion is to try using the embedded versions to see if that works.

Otherwise we'll just have to do trial and errors to see what works.  I'm also curious on the protocol are you using ssh or https?

0 votes
Jaume Calm Serra August 22, 2016

Hi Rodney,

• Everything went fine during the push, no errors. All the pointers to the images generated by LFS went through, but the images didn't upload to the server (see link in my first comment).
  • Yes, I was able to upload everything through command line.
  • No, I did not exceed the limit: Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 09.25.08.png
  • SourceTree: 2.3.1 (69) | Git: 1.8.5.2 (Apple Git-48) | Git-LFS: 1.3.1 (GitHub; darwin amd64; go 1.6.3)

Now I've also noticed that every time I open SourceTree this message pops-up:Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 09.38.05.png

I've also checked the git-lfs logs and there's nothing in there & 'git lfs fsck' returns everything OK.

Cheers!

0 votes
Rodney
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2016

Hello,

You'll need to provide a bit more information.  

Files get uploaded during a push, did you get any errors during this step?  You said command line was fine, were you able to upload files using the command line?  Since you're using Bitbucket it has a 1GB limit currently, did you exceed that?

Also what version of SourceSafe, git and git-lfs are you using?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events