Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Git flow in Sourcetree 3.1.3

pacebrianbov August 13, 2019

I am having a problem with SourceTree, where I start off with only a master branch, and then I enable git flow with defaults, which only creates a develop branch.

The issue here is that when I click on Git Flow button, it gives me the option to finish develop feature, which merges develop with itself, instead of providing a menu to create features and others. The Git flow is treating the develop and master as features instead of branches.

Am I doing something wrong in the Git Flow setup?image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
takatalvi12 December 12, 2019

I have the same issue in Windows (Sourcetree version 3.3.4), also when i follow the flow with "Other action" > "Start new feature"  and create a feature, it is now showing as a branch and not like in previous versions (inside a "folder" with the name "feature").

The workaround for this is manage my branches with responsibility with the concept of git-flow in mind, i mean, all in a manual way.

pacebrianbov December 12, 2019

I recall opening the config file in the .git folder at the root directory of my repository and noticing that the section [gitflow "prefix"] was not initialised. I had to manually repair these as:

[gitflow "branch"]
master = master
develop = develop

[gitflow "prefix"]

feature = feature/
release = release/
hotfix = hotfix/
support = support/
versiontag =

Like takatalvi12 likes this
takatalvi12 December 12, 2019

You're right that's a good fix to this. Thanks!

Like pacebrianbov likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events