Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the newest version, what happened to the menu listing all my repositories?

Michael Greenwood
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 2, 2017

In the previous version i had install there was a window view on the left that listed all my repositories.  The new version i have does not have this, and i cannot find an option to bring it back up.

Is it gone??

Thanks

4 answers

1 vote
multippt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2017

Unfortunately the sidebar feature is gone. For whatever reason "improved user experience" means ripping out good and usable features. I happened for 1.8, and every version forward.

When opening a new tab (click the + button beside the last tab), it will show the list of repositories on the right and provides something similar to the old sidebar view, although in a more harder to use manner.

Patrick Permien May 4, 2017

I like the new UI. As always, it's subject to personal habits and perception of usage convenience.

Corneliu Maftuleac
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 4, 2017

No it is not!

I used to had 50+ projects in my projects overview, now I am supposed to click 40 times on the left to go to the right project, and then baaaack... like a fcking moron.

Erik Blake May 6, 2017

@Patrick Permien - maybe it works if you have 3-4 projects, but when you have dozens of them, that used to be organized/groups in a hierarchical tree structure in previous SourceTree versions, then this new flat view (with gobs of useless white space between each item) makes the program very frustrating to use.

I think I'll go back to 1.8.3 that had everything I needed, including staging files with one click and economical mouse movements.

I think Atlassian should change the name of the program to SourceList.

0 votes
tuanpham_bugboxgames
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 8, 2017

please bring it back :(( i had >10 projects and a project had >3 submodule.

0 votes
Patrick Permien May 3, 2017

Hi Michael, it is easy to explain what happened: The repository overview on the left hand side was replaced with the tabs which are located on top. See release notes for details: https://blog.sourcetreeapp.com/#SourceTree2.0AnnouncementWIP-TabsandHeader

Is it gone??

Yes, looks like.

Also see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/SourceTree-questions/Please-re-implement-the-repository-treeview/qaq-p/582435

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events