Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File recovery

J J
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 31, 2014

I am using SourceTree for Windows. I cloned a remote Git repository to my local drive and I looked to add and commit local files to it.. I moved the new files into the project directory and tried to commit but I hit a few errors when trying to push the files up.

Since I had no luck with SourceTree I was going to use another piece of software for it. In SourceTree I hit remove on the files (since I thought it meant remove them from the commit) and now my files are completely gone. They aren't in the project folder or anywhere on my computer. They are not in the recycle bin. I used two apps for file recovery and they can't find them.

If SourceTree had deleted the files they would have been in the recycle bin. If it had permanently deleted the files then the file recovery programs would have found them. But I have come up empty handed.

SourceTree has eaten the project I spent several days on. It has treated unversioned files as files in the repository and mishandled them.

I need someone to guide me how to recover local files and folders that SourceTree has deleted but weren't in version control.

2 answers

0 votes
J J
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 2, 2014

I honestly do not think I saw that prompt when I hit remove during the commit process.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2014

What did you do when you saw the prompt below?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events