Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing repos not there after updating from 1.9 to 2.x?

Steve Geffner June 13, 2017

Hi,

I updated from 1.9 to 2.x today. When I launched 2.x, none of my existing cloned projects was listed in the app. I had to re-clone. Have any of you discovered a way to update to 2.x without losing your existing repos? I am hoping someone knows how to do this so the rest of my team can avoid this problem. 

Some things that might have impacted this for me: 

1) The installer told me to uninstall 1.9, which I did. Could the uninstall have removed SourceTree's knowledge of my repos? I'm pretty sure I did the uninstall after 2.x was installed; the 2.x installer prompted me to do this uninstall. 

2) When I launched 2.x for the first time, the app immediately wanted to be updated to 2.1.2.4, and I let it. I doubt that caused the issue, but wanted to mention it for completeness. 

Thanks,

Steve

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2017

Hello! It's possible there's a bug that prevented this from automatically occuring, but you shouldn't have had to re-clone your repos.

Tip: You can also drag the repo folders onto the Bookmarks area on a new tab to quickly re-add repos. I keep all my code in a master "Projects" folder so that I can easily select all and re-add if something goes wrong.

Steve Geffner June 15, 2017

That's a great tip! Thanks!

Steve Geffner June 15, 2017

The rest of my team updated without issues, so I'll consider my experience an anomaly and not worry about it.

Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events