Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when opening git bash terminal

Patrick Nelson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 17, 2015

When I click the "Terminal" button in SourceTree, this funky error message pops up:

"It has not been possible to start the Git Bash Terminal."

screenshot1.png

This is on Windows 8 with SourceTree v1.6.23.0. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this? I've tried using embedded and system version of Git with no luck at all. Thanks!

Edit: Good advice below. It appears this started in 1.6.23.0 since 1.6.22.0 works for me. For anyone else reading having this issue, just change the number in the download link on the main download page from 23 to 22 and that will workaround this issue in the meantime until they fix it. Direct link here

3 answers

0 votes
Thomas Minney November 19, 2015

Try this suggested solution: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33790602/sourcetree-cant-open-git-bash Haven't come across the explanation as to why a git upgrade is necessary

0 votes
Kerry W. Lothrop
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 19, 2015

Same problem here on Windows 10. Downgrade also worked.

0 votes
Richard kennerly
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 18, 2015

I have the same problem on Windows 7 after updating to version 1.6.23 yesterday. It worked fine on all previous versions. For now, I'll go back to version 1.6.22 and wait for a fix.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events