Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SourceTree support Mercurial purge?

Jared Scott
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 26, 2012

Hello:

After running a manual merge operation, .orig files stay behind in the repository. Is there an option to enable "hg purge" to run after a merge operation to cleanup the repository?

Thanks,

Jared S.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2012

Not at the moment, I actually have *.orig in my hgignore so I never see them and forget they're there, except when I do a bulk cleanup every so often. If it's bothering you you can quickly knock up a Custom Action to do it pretty easily (Preferences > Custom Actions)

Jared Scott
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 26, 2012

Thanks for the quick response! I set up the custom action by doing the following:

1. Enabled the purge extension by adding the following to my .hgrc file

[extensions]
purge =

2. Created the following Custom Action:

Script to run: hg

Paramaters: purge

I bound it to a key and it works as a macro.

I have some suggestions for improvement

1) For custom actions, allow for an evented architecture so i can define when the custom actions run automatically (i.e., after a merge, on commit, etc...)

2) Enable purge as an option

By implementing the former improvement you open up the door to allow users to really extend the usability of the product without adding a lot of code. Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events