Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SourceTree 2.x have and end-of-life date?

Josh Horner August 27, 2018

I've searched around the Atlassian site [1][2], but I can't find any stated end-of-life policy for SourceTree.  Specifically, how long will SourceTree 2.x be maintained with patches and bug fixes?

[1] Atlassian Support End of Life Policy

[2] Atlassian Support Offerings

2018-08-28 Edit:

More specifically, I work for a US Federal agency which has an approved software list.  In order to get SourceTree (or any software) on this list, I need to prove vendor support for the software (free or paid).  "Support" here, is less about customer/technical support (which is provided for free via the Atlassian Community here), but rather more about patches/bug fixes/software maintenance support.

I need to provide an answer to the following (emphasis mine):

"I need documentation proving vendor support for this software. This documentation could be a signed vendor software support contract or purchase order with the period of performance, a specific URL citation demonstrating current full support to end-of-life, or an email/URL from the vendor stating support is provided at no additional charge, or fully approved ITPRs can be submitted as proof of support. Support must include patches and bug-fixes."

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2018

Hi

I will see if I can find anything official but policy has been that Atlassian supports the most recent release, i.e currently 2.6.10. However as soon as we move to 3.0.0 we do not provide patches etc back to older versions etc

This is because all releases are part of a single release channel, users of 2.6.10 will be prompted to update to 3.0.0 when it is released, to 3.1.0 after that etc.

This release channel includes bug fixes, security patches and new features.

Josh Horner September 18, 2018

Michael,

Thanks for the response!  I completely agree, especially for free software.  What is the anticipated timeline for the 3.0 release?  I understand that it's currently in beta.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2018

Hi

We are in the final stages of testing. We should start rollout very soon but I will give us some wriggle room and say this month :) 

Josh Horner September 20, 2018

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events