It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Does SourceTree 2.x have and end-of-life date? Edited

I've searched around the Atlassian site [1][2], but I can't find any stated end-of-life policy for SourceTree.  Specifically, how long will SourceTree 2.x be maintained with patches and bug fixes?

[1] Atlassian Support End of Life Policy

[2] Atlassian Support Offerings

2018-08-28 Edit:

More specifically, I work for a US Federal agency which has an approved software list.  In order to get SourceTree (or any software) on this list, I need to prove vendor support for the software (free or paid).  "Support" here, is less about customer/technical support (which is provided for free via the Atlassian Community here), but rather more about patches/bug fixes/software maintenance support.

I need to provide an answer to the following (emphasis mine):

"I need documentation proving vendor support for this software. This documentation could be a signed vendor software support contract or purchase order with the period of performance, a specific URL citation demonstrating current full support to end-of-life, or an email/URL from the vendor stating support is provided at no additional charge, or fully approved ITPRs can be submitted as proof of support. Support must include patches and bug-fixes."

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
minnsey Atlassian Team Aug 28, 2018

Hi

I will see if I can find anything official but policy has been that Atlassian supports the most recent release, i.e currently 2.6.10. However as soon as we move to 3.0.0 we do not provide patches etc back to older versions etc

This is because all releases are part of a single release channel, users of 2.6.10 will be prompted to update to 3.0.0 when it is released, to 3.1.0 after that etc.

This release channel includes bug fixes, security patches and new features.

Michael,

Thanks for the response!  I completely agree, especially for free software.  What is the anticipated timeline for the 3.0 release?  I understand that it's currently in beta.

minnsey Atlassian Team Sep 20, 2018

Hi

We are in the final stages of testing. We should start rollout very soon but I will give us some wriggle room and say this month :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,895 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you