Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Author is using the wrong email

Nixxen October 16, 2019

I accidentally installed Sourcetree through my private email address when I first installed it.

I first registered on atlassian wrong through google auth but wanted to change the email. Couldn't change email without a password which I didn't have since I used google auth. so I then deleted the account and made a new one using my private one. I then discovered that I could change the password by reactivating the google auth account, so I did, but it was now no longer a google auth account. I since deleted both accounts and remade an account with the correct email the way I wanted it. Somewhere during this process I installed sourcetree.

Whenever I make commits as default user with the "global user" settings enabled and made sure it's the correct email in the general tab in options I still see it making commits as my private email.

I have revoked oauth and made a new one again, and it's still the same.

Reinstalling the software has not helped.

How can I fix this? Is the original account info stored somewhere that is not wiped on reinstall?

Edit: Typo

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nixxen October 17, 2019

For anyone finding this in the future, this community question / answer solved it for me.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/How-do-I-fully-remove-SourceTree-so-that-I-can-do-a-quot-fresh/qaq-p/605355

If for whatever reason the link doesn't work here's a quote of the answer:

Hi Cindy! Can you try the following steps:

1. Wipe SourceTree preferences.
  2. Uninstall SourceTree (if it shows on the App&Features list)
  3. Backup then delete the directory below before proceeding with next step
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete SourceTree & SourceTree-Settings folder
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all SourceTree Files/Folder.
  4. Download SourceTree and install it. 

Let us know if this helped!

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events