Can't download SourceTree for Windows 1.4

Jourdan Bul-lalayao February 1, 2014

Hello,

I am having trouble download SourceTree for Windows. When I click on the download link, it redirects me to another page saying:

"

Virus Download Blocked

Download of the virus has been blocked in accordance with company policy. Please contact your system administrator if you believe this is in error.

File name: SourceTreeSetup_1.4.0.exe"

What do I do? Is this something wrong on my end or Atlassian's end?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2014

I've downloaded the file and uploaded it to virustotal.com.
None of its 50 engines detects a virus:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2a605b77bcabc9ed5839364622c6f6435d9e0a4f620ad777c1d656ebd730db1f/analysis/1391342013/

could you possibly email to me the .exe file for SourceTree (air_jourdan21@hotmail.com)? I dont know if that'll help but it's worth a try

rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2014

I've sent you the file.

0 votes

Thank you both for the responses! It worked when Rene sent me an e-mail of the .exe file. So problem solved! And Seth, that makes sense. My other alternative was to download the .exe file somewhere else, but since I was able to successfully download it through e-mail then I don't have to anymore.

Thanks again!

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2014

Your company's network has restricted the file. If SourceTree is something you (and your colleagues) need to do their job, you should contact your IT department to correct the problem. It will likely block SourceTree updates as well, and may prevent you from downloading the file through email either (unless you have your computer at home with you for the weekend).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events