Can't download SourceTree for Windows 1.4

Hello,

I am having trouble download SourceTree for Windows. When I click on the download link, it redirects me to another page saying:

"

Virus Download Blocked

Download of the virus has been blocked in accordance with company policy. Please contact your system administrator if you believe this is in error.

File name: SourceTreeSetup_1.4.0.exe"

What do I do? Is this something wrong on my end or Atlassian's end?

3 answers

1 accepted

could you possibly email to me the .exe file for SourceTree (air_jourdan21@hotmail.com)? I dont know if that'll help but it's worth a try

Your company's network has restricted the file. If SourceTree is something you (and your colleagues) need to do their job, you should contact your IT department to correct the problem. It will likely block SourceTree updates as well, and may prevent you from downloading the file through email either (unless you have your computer at home with you for the weekend).

Thank you both for the responses! It worked when Rene sent me an e-mail of the .exe file. So problem solved! And Seth, that makes sense. My other alternative was to download the .exe file somewhere else, but since I was able to successfully download it through e-mail then I don't have to anymore.

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

543 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you