Can I delete sourcetreeconfig from .git

I have installation issues (crash) with SourceTree and I'd like to completely remove it before trying to re-install.

When searching for sourcetree I found that it creates config files in the .git directory of my projects.

Can I safely remove those files ?

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Carl, it's safe to remove those files. I'd also advise you to follow the article How to wipe SourceTree as this also might help with that kind of issues.

Let us know if SourceTree is working correctly now!

Cheers,

Ana

Delete OK but did not resolve the issue, support case STSP-6498 .

Hi Carl, did you wipe Sourcetree preferences as well? If that didn't work, I'd recommend to continue the assistance through the support ticket you already created, as troubleshooting this in two different channels is not going to be very effective. Once it's solved it would be a good idea to post here the solution in case it might help some other user :)

Regards,

Ana

> troubleshooting this in two different channels is not going to be very effective.

I agree, my question here was specific to the sourcetreeconfig files, reinstalling wasn't enough to fix my particular issue but that is a different topic.

Thanks for all the excellent answers

the issue went away with the 2.0.19.1 update

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

874 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you