Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket will not connect with Sourcetree

Kieran Beddow January 21, 2022

I am trying to connect up Sourcetree to my bitbucket however,after attempting both HTTPS & SSH none of the options work. The issues with both HTTPS & SSH are different and I have attached screenshots of both issues I am encountering.

HTTPS: authentication completes and I can access the repository however, when attempting to clone I receive: "This is not a valid source path / URL" when looking at the details it references an invalid username and password however after checking these I can confirm they are correct and there are no cached passwords

SSH: Authentication once again completes and the repository type is detected however when trying to clone the repository I receive: "FATAL ERROR: server unexpectedly closed network connection".

I have also tested older versions of source tree as well as re-adding my account and refreshing the auth tokens however nothing has worked so far please advise.

1 answer

0 votes

Screenshots of the issue are below

HTTPS attempt_LI.jpgSSH attempt_LI.jpg

John Hardiman January 21, 2022

Hi, 

I had a similar thing happen. I reset the password and even re-installed the software. 

I had no put a credentials manager at start up so I had to do a bit of powershell to get around this: (open as admin)

"cd $env:LOCALAPPDATA\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_local\mingw32\bin\" (without quotes)

then:

"./git.exe config --edit --system" (without quotes)

Inside this file i had to add the word "manager" (without quotes) at the end of the file at the line  "helper ="

manager.PNG

Then just quit out like VIM ( press ESC until you are out of insert mode and then":wq" without quotes)

Kieran Beddow January 24, 2022

Hi John, 

That's worked for me thanks for your help!

Like John Hardiman likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events