It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bitbucket-Sourcetree: bitbucket remote repository exist but sourcetree remote repository not found

bitbucket remote repository exist but sourcetree remote repository not found

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jun 04, 2018

A bit more information is needed in order to help you. When you say that the repository is not found, are you referring to that the search does not find it?

After using sourcetree to login my Bitbucket account, I can't see any of my remote repository. But, I can see my remote repository by login to my bitbucket account through bitbucket.org.

I am new to this so please let me know if I need to do anything.

Thank you!

If you copy the URL in Bitbucket when you clone the repository and then paste it into Sourcetree, does it detect that it is a Git repository? What version of Sourcetree are you using?

I am using SourceTree 2.5.5.0.

Someone already invite me and give me an admin access level. I can see it in my remote resipotory when login through bitbucket.org. But I can't see anything when using the sourceTree.

I can go to my bitbucket account and clone the file that located in remote repository to the sourcetree. The result is the clone file now shows in the local repository but the remote repository is still empty.

my access level is admin.

I shouldn't have permission problem.

Is there only one repository in the project? Maybe it is related to the defect I found were the first repository is not listed, SRCTREEWIN-8529. Did you try cloning the repository using the URL from Bitbucket?

I have 3 folder in the Bitbucket remote repository and none of them show in the SourceTree remote repository.

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jun 06, 2018

Just to rule out any issues with accessing the repository, have you tried cloning one of them, either by copying the git clone command and clone it from the command line or click on the Clone in Sourcetree button when you click on Clone in Bitbucket?

Bitbucket.png

Yes, I successfully do the cloning through the Bitbucket.org. The result is the cloned folder now is in the SourceTree local repository and the SourceTree remote repository still showing none.

Is this consider normal?

You should be able to see remote repositories, as long as the hosting account is setup and works. I should have asked this before and you mentioned that you logged on to your Bitbucket account, but does that account show up on the left hand side in Sourcetree under Remote?

Sourcetree.png

Yes, my Bitbucket account show on the left side under the Remote Repository but zero folder show on the right side

Okay, so I recreated this and it looks like you have to belong to a team in order to see remote repositories not owned by you. You learn something new every day...

Yes, you are right. Those are not my own folder and it is belong to another team that invited me.

Do you mean that I will not see anything in my remote repository unless it is my own folder?

Correct, if you do not belong to a team, the only thing showing up under Remote are repositories that you created.

Now I am understand. Thank you so much, Mikael.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,935 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you