Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket-Sourcetree: bitbucket remote repository exist but sourcetree remote repository not found

Jason Lim June 4, 2018

bitbucket remote repository exist but sourcetree remote repository not found

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

A bit more information is needed in order to help you. When you say that the repository is not found, are you referring to that the search does not find it?

Jason Lim June 4, 2018

After using sourcetree to login my Bitbucket account, I can't see any of my remote repository. But, I can see my remote repository by login to my bitbucket account through bitbucket.org.

I am new to this so please let me know if I need to do anything.

Thank you!

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

If you copy the URL in Bitbucket when you clone the repository and then paste it into Sourcetree, does it detect that it is a Git repository? What version of Sourcetree are you using?

Jason Lim June 4, 2018

I am using SourceTree 2.5.5.0.

Someone already invite me and give me an admin access level. I can see it in my remote resipotory when login through bitbucket.org. But I can't see anything when using the sourceTree.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2018
Jason Lim June 4, 2018

I can go to my bitbucket account and clone the file that located in remote repository to the sourcetree. The result is the clone file now shows in the local repository but the remote repository is still empty.

Jason Lim June 4, 2018

my access level is admin.

Jason Lim June 4, 2018

I shouldn't have permission problem.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2018

Is there only one repository in the project? Maybe it is related to the defect I found were the first repository is not listed, SRCTREEWIN-8529. Did you try cloning the repository using the URL from Bitbucket?

Jason Lim June 6, 2018

I have 3 folder in the Bitbucket remote repository and none of them show in the SourceTree remote repository.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2018

Just to rule out any issues with accessing the repository, have you tried cloning one of them, either by copying the git clone command and clone it from the command line or click on the Clone in Sourcetree button when you click on Clone in Bitbucket?

Bitbucket.png

Jason Lim June 6, 2018

Yes, I successfully do the cloning through the Bitbucket.org. The result is the cloned folder now is in the SourceTree local repository and the SourceTree remote repository still showing none.

Jason Lim June 6, 2018

Is this consider normal?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2018

You should be able to see remote repositories, as long as the hosting account is setup and works. I should have asked this before and you mentioned that you logged on to your Bitbucket account, but does that account show up on the left hand side in Sourcetree under Remote?

Sourcetree.png

Jason Lim June 6, 2018

Yes, my Bitbucket account show on the left side under the Remote Repository but zero folder show on the right side

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2018

Okay, so I recreated this and it looks like you have to belong to a team in order to see remote repositories not owned by you. You learn something new every day...

Jason Lim June 6, 2018

Yes, you are right. Those are not my own folder and it is belong to another team that invited me.

Do you mean that I will not see anything in my remote repository unless it is my own folder?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2018

Correct, if you do not belong to a team, the only thing showing up under Remote are repositories that you created.

Jason Lim June 6, 2018

Now I am understand. Thank you so much, Mikael.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events