• Community
  • Products
  • Apps & Integrations
  • Questions
  • what should be the calculated member for a report in EazyBi for average velocity for past sprints. I want to tabulate it as the following columns-"project", "Average Velocity", " Estimated number of sprints left based on velocity"

what should be the calculated member for a report in EazyBi for average velocity for past sprints. I want to tabulate it as the following columns-"project", "Average Velocity", " Estimated number of sprints left based on velocity"

prabhakar October 3, 2016

2 answers

0 votes
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2016

Hi!

You can take a look on example report "Sprint velocity chart" in eazyBI demo account: https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/61946-sprint-velocity-chart.

There is used a calculated measure "Running velocity for 5 closed sprints" which calculates the average velocity based on last 5 closed sprints. You could create a similar measure in your account or even use this report as a base for yours (then export it and then import to your account).

For assistance with "Estimated number of sprints left based on velocity" and further report elaboration, please, contact support@eazybi.com and describe how this metric should be calculated.

Best regards,

Ilze, eazyBI Customer Support Consultant

0 votes
Adam Gresh October 27, 2016

I think using EazyBi for this is being overly complex.  Why not just use the built Agile burndown charts?  You need to specify a start and end date for your release and then you'll get a velocity line with a projected end date.

If you're set on using easy BI, have you started with some more basic concepts?  I need a report to break out productivity by team.  I used the custom numeric field "LOE closed" (I think this was supplied by my particular version of JIRA, not created by me) with rows "Sprint" and "Issue".  This allowed me to plot LOE closed per team sprint.  If you want to provide the estimated number of sprints left based on velocity you would probably need to change what I have in "Pages" from "Project" to "Fix Version".

image2016-10-27 9:58:15.png

Sorry it's only slightly related, but hopefully it gives you some ideas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events