XML Section for Workflow buttons/dropdown tab?

Richard Schaeffer January 22, 2012

I'm trying to add a workflow-unrelated button (Create Documentation Issue) to the issue workflow drop down where you would normally move an issue through its workflow steps; is this possible? I know to add it to the issue operations or the "more actions" dropdown I simply change the XML section to to either "operations-top-level" or "operations-delete" or one of those sections, however I can't seem to find the corresponding section for the workflow buttons. Does this section exist?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Richard Schaeffer February 13, 2012

This wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it was helpful.

I was just looking for the name of the XML section associated with workflow transitions to add plugin buttons at that location. In case anyone else is wondering the same thing, I found it to be "transitions-all".

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2012

Yes, it's here:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-customisingtransitionsonviewissue

Basically, you'll want to add an issue transition in your workflow. You can make the destination step the same as the origin step, so it's not really a workflow transition (or rather, to be more specific, it's a transition that takes you back to where you started). Then, add it to the menu using the technique in the link above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events