• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • We are planning a major upgrade from version 4.0.3 to the current version 4.3.7. What are the specific required steps to go from 4.0.3 to a new server running 4.3.7

We are planning a major upgrade from version 4.0.3 to the current version 4.3.7. What are the specific required steps to go from 4.0.3 to a new server running 4.3.7

Louis Williams February 14, 2013

We are currently running confluence version 4.0.3 and want to upgrade and run your latest version on a new server by new week. You documentation recommends a phased/intermediate upgrade approach between versions that may impact our timeline. So I need to know the following:

1.) Are your recommendations simply recommendations or is this a requirement.

2.) If I have to do the upgrade in intermediate steps involving versions which versions would I be required to do to get to the latest version.

1 answer

0 votes
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

Hi Louis,

Regarding your questions:

1) It's a requirement for old versions - example: if you are on a 3.4.x then you need to upgrade to the 3.5.17 and then to the 4.x version. In your case, you can move from Confluence 4.0.3 directly to Confluence 4.3.7.

2) There's no need of intermediate steps in your case.

More information about how to upgrade your Confluence (steps and procedure), please check this article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Confluence

Regards,

LJ.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events