View Zephyr reports in a RSS reader

Nicolas Bier May 14, 2014

With JIRA searches, I can create a filter and subscribe to the RSS feed from Outlook or any other reader. I can also grab the XML export directly from a URL.

With Zephyr w/o ZAPI, it doesn't seem possible to do the same thing with Test Execution reports since when you export to RSS or XML you get a file (I have no idea who would want a RSS file).

Will the export function behave like JIRA search results if we buy ZAPI or is it a bug in Zephyr?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hi Nicolas,

We have reached out to our product team regarding this question. As of now currently this is how Zephyr forJIRA has been implemented. However, they are taking it into consideration to give full RSS funtionality in a future release.

Currently what you can do is you can use ZAPI to get the URL. However, the URL will be in JSON format. If you chose to do it this way we have a page to our ZAPI that may be of assistance:

http://docs.getzephyr.apiary.io/#searchresourceapis

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Nicolas Bier June 3, 2014
What I'm also trying to do is to directly grab the XML export in Excel to generate more complex reports than the built-in ones. I don't want to import a file, I just want to refresh the XML URL. I don't think Excel supports JSON out of the box but I'll check.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events