Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Beyond Compare as the external difference utility

m November 8, 2013

Hi all,

Any idea of whether it is possible to use Beyond Compare v2 as the external difference utility in Source Tree?

Thanks

4 answers

0 votes
Ron Ratzlaff
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 29, 2014

I'm using SourceTree v1.6.3.0 and BeyondCompare 4.0 Beta build 18746. Selecting "Beyond Compare" as the option for Diff | External Diff Tool in SourceTree works correctly with BC 4 Beta.

0 votes
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2014

I currently use BC3 ... not tested with BC4beta

0 votes
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2014

It's possible ... (SRCTREE-WIN)

Within SourceTree - open Menu Tools->Options ... under Tab "Diff" select "Beyond Compare" as "External Diff Tool"

To use it, select the external diff -Button ...

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2014

At least it was possible as I configured it (prae 1.3. Version) - haven't verified configuration on latest SRCTree

Jeroen Pluimers February 4, 2014
Does this work with beyond compare v2? (I don't have BC v2, and don't want to hose my BC 4 config, so can't test).
0 votes
Jeroen Pluimers February 4, 2014

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events