UWC conversion lines for tables?

Lis Riba October 12, 2011

Has anybody created conversion lines in UWC to convert HTML tables (<table, <tr, and <td tags) into the {table, {tr, and {td macros offered in Adaptivist's Content Formatting plugin?

I thought I'd check here before struggling thru the regex myself.

Also, is there any place to share converter lines/files? I'm dealing with a TWiki whose markup has been liberally sprinkled with HTML tags. I'd be glad to share my custom converter with others if there's some forum for it...

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Kolker
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2011

Check out the Mediawiki's Table handling. There's converters for outputting table syntax (from either mediawiki or html tables) into either Confluence table or Content Formatting syntaxes. The html transformations depend on the Xml Framework, which does need the html to be well-formed. If yours isn't, and you've already scrubbed out any non-html xml, you can use htmltidy option to clean up the html in question.

As for a place to share custom converters, if they're java-regex properties (and not classes) you could add them as a comment to the UWC TWiki Notes page. Otherwise, the best thing to do would perhaps be to submit a patch? You can email me offlist to discuss that if you're interested. (laura.kolker@gmail.com)

Lis Riba October 16, 2011

Thanks.

FWIW, I had been thinking that whatever code might be used for converting <table parameters to {table should also be adaptable to migrate <span style="..."> to {span:style=...} and <div to {div

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events