So, any conclusions with the announcements on Answers ?

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

I got conflicting texts here, and (A conjunction non-A) makes by brain go round.

A ==

On netiquette it is said:

"Please don't ask questions with announcements for your plugins or add-ons. If there's a question for which an add-on is a natural fit as an answer, that's perfectly within the spirit of helping! "

non-A ==

However, the guide for promoting a commercial addon specifies that people should make announcements on Answers.

Well ? Although I'm not very active lately here (busy spinning) I saw some announcements on Answers. I didn't have the time to check if they were commercial addons ...

My problem is that I'm some hours away to publish some open-source stuff. However, I do not know if I should brag here or just publish the d**n thing and forget about it ...

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2013

I still think it's fine to announce plugins here. There's been a few recently, no complaints. As a user, it's interesting to see new stuff arriving.

I do object to people who bleat about their plugins at every available opportunity, but, as you say, they're breaking the "netiquette" rule you posted.

I think Atlassian should have a clear policy - like a consistent prefix of "plugin announcement - new/major release" or something like that, and the announcement should be written as a "hey, we've done new stuff, please try it, it does X and there's loads more detail at url Y", rather than the more annoying slabs of marketing blurb which doesn't tell you enough.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2013

Wouldn't be more sensible from Atl to push a standard message with any publish on marketplace here, on the board? Automated, I mean.

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2013

right... for now the only other option is to subscribe to https://plugins.atlassian.com/feed/plugin

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2013

I also tend to agree with Nic, as long as it is not some marketing material, it is quite okay to announce the plugins to know about the features.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2013

Ok, thanks Nic, Renjith!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events