SQL Server 2008R2

Dear Atlassian support team,

Referring to your online documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Supported+Platforms

Currently we are running Jira using MS SQL Server 2005 and our company have plans to migrate our production applications to new clustered environment (ether on SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2008R2).

Could You please tell us if MS SQL Server 2008R2 (or maybe SQL Server 2012) is supported by Jira 5.0.2 since this databases are not listed in documentation?

Thanks in advance,

Dejan

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Hi Dejan,

I have answered you in support.atlassian.com. Feel free to check the ticket. For other information, MS SQL Server 2008 R2 is also supported. However, SQL Server 2012 has a task request which can be found in here.

Regards,

Zul

Thanks Zul,

I would like to inform you that we have successfully migrated our Jira db instance to new SQL Server 2008R2 cluster. For now everything seems to work smoothly.

Br,

Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Awesome news! Enjoy your new database :)

Regards,

Zul

We are planning the same scenario. Could you give us a link or step by step on how to migrate from sql 2005 to sql 2008 r2?

Or if possible from sql 2005 to sql 2014 r2?

I also need information on how to proceed from sql 2005 to sql 2014 r2!!! please!!!  

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 16 hours ago in Off-topic

Get to know our Atlassian User Group Leaders from Bengaluru, India

Meet @Dinesh Dhinakaran, @Vishnu Vasudeva, @Rajeev Verma, and Jamshid Nalakath: Our extraordinary AUG leaders from Bengaluru, India. These four work together to strengthen the bonds of their local co...

111 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you