Roadmap gadget results

Nick February 11, 2013

I have installed the Roadmap gadget, and it is showing a number of resolved and unresolved issues.

When I look at those issues I cannot understand what the criteria are that determine this status.

The 'Resolution' system field is mandatory, and it seems that any entry in this field makes the issue 'Resolved' - we have some records, created in Catch Enterprise Tester, that have a null value in Resolution, as it has not been made mandatory in ET.

In JIRA Issue Navigator these show up as 'Unresolved' in italics and are the only records that the Roadmap shows as Unresolved. I have even changed the default value for Resolution to a legitimate 'Unresolved', and when a record with a null value is changed to legitimate Unresolved, it is reflected in the Roadmap results as 'Resolved'.

What fields/values are used by the Roadmap gadget ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2013

Hi!

The issue is consider as "resolved" as long as the Resolution field has ANY value. The null value in the Resolution field indicate that the issue is not "resolved" .

Creating a new "Unresolved" value in the Resolution field will caused some charts and reports consider that issue that has "Unresolved" value as "resolved". This is of course affecting the Roadmap gadget as well.

So, to summarize Issue with NULL Resolution field is consider is not resolved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events