Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote agent Java version

Priya Rai March 14, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Supported platforms

I recently upgraded Bamboo 5.8.1- 5.9.10 and on my Bamboo server , I have Java 8u66. My remote agent Windows machine is at 8u31. Is it okay to keep agent at this java or 8u66 OR I can keep both 8u31 and 8u66. Please advise. Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

It is okay to keep 8u66. Server Java and agent java version does not need to match, as long as it is a supported version.

And you can have as many java versions as you want in your agent. The agent itself will run only on one of the Java versions but you can add the other versions as capabilities and the builds can use those capabilities.

Priya Rai March 15, 2016

Thanks Jobin! I See you are from Atlassian Team!

Appreciate your response.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

I am not. Most users in this forum are either working for Atlassian experts (like me) or have got great experience with the Atlassian products. I get it wrong a lot of times though. So, please test wink

Priya Rai March 15, 2016

Oh okay.. I would wait for Atlassian answers !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events