Question from Bristol City Council on our Options

Hi,

I have been asked to make some enquiries around our cloud tools products and hosting.  We currently purchase through PIX Software.

1)      What are the options for Hosting – is it public(held on the same share as other companies data) or private?

2)      We need a fully privately hosted site  - does this cost more?

3)      We also need a Test instance – so need a separate instance to store both the Live & Test Environments – what are the costs?

4) Would there be a fee for migrating over to Atlassian

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

1) You can get hosted from Atlassian, or from other 3rd parties.  If you go for Atlassian Cloud, then yes, it's held in a datacentre in the US, and there is some sharing of hardware.  Other hosts will have different setups, locations and options.

2) What do you mean by "a fully private site"?  Cloud makes your system available to the world, but you control who can actually use it, so no-one gets past the "log in" screen unless you say so.

3) For Cloud, there's no concept of a "test" system.  You'll need to purchase a second Cloud system.

4) Atlassian won't charge you for moving, I don't think any of the other providers will either.  They may charge you if you need help doing the migration work though.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

98 views 13 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you