Problem with edit / delete worklog

Jan Gorski May 14, 2014

Hi

As a Project Lead I want to delete some wong worklogs of others project members.

All permissions are correct - Project Lead can Delete All Worklogs and Edit All Worklogs. Unfortunately it is not possible. I can change only my own worklogs.

I found that this is problem of all our projects - only Jira Administrator can chang all worklogs. It is not possible to anyone else, regardless of the permission settings (Administration => Issue).

What can be the problem, how to fix it?

6 answers

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2014

Hello Jacho,

your configuration seems ok. Please, keep in mind that you can edit an issue (including its worlog) only if the issue is a status that allows you to edit it.

Fo example, by default, an issue in the status "Closed" for the default workflow can't be edited.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2014

Moreover, for each issues in a status that allows editing, you can edit the worklog, just going to worklog tab and, for each entry, edit/delete buttons will appear on the right.

Regards,

Fabio

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2014

Hi Jacho,

it might be useful to create an issue about this in our Tempo Timesheets project (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT) so we can better investigate this problem. Please add the versions og JIRA and Tempo you are using. Also screenshots might be helpful.

Kind regards,

Susanne

0 votes
Jan Gorski May 14, 2014

Yes. For my worklogs I can see Move / Split / Delete buttons. For not my worklogs i can see only "view issue" button.

The same situation is for all projects and all people, even if they are Project Leads and have permission to edit/delete worklogs

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2014

Permission Scheme allows you to define permission on a single issue. Therefore, if you go to a specific issue you should be able to update/delete your own worklog or all other worklog.

In order to update worklog from a tempo report, you need to setup Tempo Permission and not specific project permission. Look here for more info https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Tempo+Permissions

Hope this helps,

Fabio

0 votes
Jan Gorski May 14, 2014

Yes Fabio, I know that.

But problem occurs at issues that can be edited. I can't only edit worklogs of other people.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2014

Hello Jacko,

my previous comment was just to be sure that you're trying to edit an editable issue :)

Btw, if you go to Worklog tab, do you see edit button just for your worklog?

Please, confirm.

Regards,

Fabio

0 votes
Jan Gorski May 14, 2014

Hi Bhushan

Yes of course, Project Lead has all permision for these things - work, edit, delete etc (at issues).

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2014

Hey Jacho,

Have you checked if you have both "Work on Issue" and "Delete all worklog" permissions?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA062/Managing+Project+Permissions

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events