Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please revert the pending/staged changes view

Lukas Stabe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 30, 2014

I appreciate You trying to improve your product, but I honestly think the new interface for staging and viewing current uncommitted changes is no good.

The old way of dragging and dropping files between the staging area and the changes on the working tree worked great. It worked especially great for staging a selection of files at the same time (command-clicking multiple files, dragging them into the staging area) which is a bit more involved now (command-click multiple files, right-click, select "Add to index").

The new view also takes up significantly more space than the old one (I'd estimate each file takes about 1.5 times the height it did in the old version => it fits 33% less files).

I also don't like how the staged changes scroll away when i scroll down into unstaged ones.

On the right side in the diff view, staging single lines now requres a right-click. I do, however, like the new, cleaner look more than the old one.

tl;dr: I really don't like the new way to manage uncommitted changes/staging changes, please make it more like the old one :/

For me this means I'll stick with 1.8.1 for now.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adrian von Gegerfelt May 5, 2014

A JIRA ticket for the Staging view:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-2267?jql=labels%20%3D%201.9-UX-feedback

I can't log in to vote, for some reason...

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2014

Bug reports for this issue and many others have been linked in this question:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/289308/how-do-i-get-the-file-tree-back

0 votes
Adrian von Gegerfelt May 6, 2014

One more thing - the new view is also incredibly slow! I have over 50 modified files, and I'm still waiting for them to be ticked 'staged' >:(

0 votes
Adrian von Gegerfelt May 6, 2014

Also, you can not select multiple files and then "Stage" or "Discard" - the action only applies to one item, even if multiple selected. Was this version even tested?!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events