Nice URLs only on some Confluence OnDemand pages

I've created Confluence OnDemand pages which normally can be accessed via URLs that look like this:

https://ourcompanyname.atlassian.net/wiki/display/KEY/page+name

The problem is that several recently created pages don't seem to get those nice URLs anymore...some of them (not all) now have URLs like this:

https://ourcompanyname.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=7045154

Why does this happen? How do I change URLs to nice ones, like the first one?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Usually that means the title has special characters in it.

Yes, You're right, that it seems to be the common denominator. In this case the page titles contained å,ä or ö.

Thanks!

and it still reacts like this. that sucks so much. I'd rather have pretty much anything else than this pageId crap. (A really straightforward solution would be "something+else" in the URL if the title is "something (else)" - just delete the chars if you can't process them)

confluence is a great product, just sometimes the Atlassian folks seem knuckleheaded beyond anything. They actually implement auto-correct in this entry box so "Atlassian" is always written with a capital "A" (try smile), but nice URLs are not in their repertoire.

Oh and your docs are wrong btw.

We have a page with "()" in the title -> pageId. Another page has "*" -> no pageId.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

160 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you