Migrating users from an old AD Domain to new AD Domain but retaining the history of users

Daniel Greene
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 18, 2012

Hi,

Basically, we have Confluence right now configured to point to Active Directory DomainA.

We are currently migrating all users from DomainA to DomainZ.

Once that is done, we will point Confluence to the new DomainZ, which will have all new user accounts in it for all old users that used to be in DomainA.

My question is ... can we configure Confluence so that a user's history who logged in from DomainA is retained when they start logging in with a brand new account from DomainZ? Is there some type of config we can do in Confluence to make this work, where we can remap their history to a new user?

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

Hi

Actually Confluence associates the history to the username, not any User ID or directory ID. So basically if the usernames in the new LDAP are exactly the same, you should have no problem in create a new directory within Confluence pointing to this new LDAP.

Cheers

Daniel Greene
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 23, 2012

Hi,

We tried testing this by adding disabling the old user account in Domain A and enabling the new user account in Domain Z. We then switched the authentication order in Confluence to look up the new Domain first. Both accounts have the exact same username.

The results were that the new user account was able to login and add/edit content, but it doesn't appear that the user's history was there.

Is there something specific that we can look at to confirm that the history was re-associated to the new user account? Again, the account has the exact same username.

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events