JIRA Importer Plugin

Ankit Kothari December 7, 2012

I have a CSV file with one issue and a number of subtasks defined. If I import that exact same file twice (I change the issue summary for the second import just to keep track of it) it will compain the second time that the issue already exists (even though summaries are different) and then it will add duplicates of the subtasks to the already existing issue.

I am not sure if this bug is resolved or if there is a workaround?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ankit Kothari December 25, 2012

If I use the same csv file (same data) to import issues with sub-task, it fails second time. JIP complains that sub-task already exist with the IssueID i have provided. This is a bug. The IssueID is being stored as External Issue ID.

As a workaround:

I keep track of the all ISSUE IDs I have used so that I do not get the error.

0 votes
Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012

Are the issue keys the same? Are you importing to the same project?

Ankit Kothari December 14, 2012

Not the issue keys.. but the issue IDs are the same.. I am trying to create new issues with subtasks.. and I believe that if we do not map the Issue Keys, JIRA importer plugin should create the issues.. and for sub-tasks.. it should not matter if we use the same Issue IDs and Parent IDs as JIRA importer plugin should not save these Issue IDs in the database.. those should be used only for import purpose.. else it would be hard to track the issue IDs which has already been imported..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events