Is it possible to add characters to the UWC Illegal Pagenames Framework?

I've had a fair bit of success with the UWC pulling pages out of MediaWiki, but I notice it trips up on some Wiki pages that have question marks in the title. It appears UWC tries to create a filename with the question mark, which is illegal in Windows/DOS.

The UWC Illegal Pagenames Framework appears to be the logical place to modify question marks, but doesn't appear to have a way of adding additional illegal characters - it appears it can only change a fixed set into other characters.

Is this correct, or is there a way of getting it to recognise additional characters as illegal?

(Of course I could modify the pages in MediaWiki, but would rather avoid it, as unfortunately there are quite a few.)

2 answers

I there a solution to this?

Hello Christof, Daniel,

Currently UWC is being taken care by the Atlassian Expert Appfusions, it may be worth reaching out to them at info@appfusions.com.

Also there is good doc page concerning UWC and MediaWiki here.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 36m ago in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

7 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you