I need to create a complex page template, what are my options?

Ed Murphy July 1, 2012

I want to create a page template that will store information about missions in our game.

The mission will contain a variable amout of waves, so the user needs to be able to decide how many waves there are, and is then prompted to add the relevant information for each wave.

It seems that the page template system is rather simplistic. Is there a plugin for doing this kind of thing, or can I code it in jquery or something like that?

4 answers

1 vote
howard tiersky July 1, 2012

Yes, agree would look at scaffolding. Also, with Confleunce 4.3 you no longer have to create page templates (Including scaffolding templates) with the old wiki markup but you will be able to create a page using the new c4 editor and then simply turn it into a template.

Scaffolding has a "repeating section" macro that sounds like exactly what you want.

cheers.

H

Ed Murphy July 1, 2012

thanks for that but AFAIK that wont work for me because we are using a hosted version of confluence. any other options?

1 vote
Bill Ahern July 1, 2012

Ed,

Customware has the scaffolding plug-in that is great for complex templates. You can make it a "live template" or "boilerplate" meaning you can maintain/edit the template and pages created from the template are immediatly updated. You can also add the "Create Page" plug-in from Adaptavist to make the page simple to create.

Ed Murphy July 1, 2012

thanks for that but AFAIK that wont work for me because we are using a hosted version of confluence. any other options?

0 votes
Ed Murphy October 16, 2012

Update: Still haven't got an answer to this, as Joseph Ramsay states below: "Atlassian has stated they hope to eventually include popular plugins like Scaffolding, but would not provide an estimated time table."

Vote this question up if you are having this problem (not really sure why a perfectly valid, well described problem that a lot of people are having is downvoted to 0)

0 votes
Joseph Ramsey October 11, 2012

@Ed I am going through exactly the same problem. My company has very impressive, complex deployment plan templates created in Confluence 3.3 with Scaffolding plugin. We are migrating the OnDemand and having to remake our templates.

Atlassian has stated they hope to eventually include popular plugins like Scaffolding, but would not provide an estimated time table.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events