I have installed new version of confluence and want to import space from older confluence , how can i do it.

I have installed new version of confluence and want to import space from older confluence , how can i do it.

1 answer

Hi Raj,

To update your backup files, you need to reinstall an old version of Confluence, import the space, upgrade Confluence, export the space.

This is explained in the last part of this page: Restoring a Space.

Cheers,

Adrien

I have a copy of my Production Confluence running and I have installed New Version of Confluence on another server. I need to Import few spaces from that box to the new version. How do I achive this. Do I need to use a WIKI Converter ?

So you have:

• Production
  • Copy of Production (and you have backups to restore it)
  • New Version

I would upgrade Copy of Production, export the spaces, import them into New Version. You don't need a wiki converter for that.

I installed a brand vew version of 5.4.4 and the Production version is 3.5.2. By Backup and restore do you mean Database Backup or what , I am confused. We are ok ti shutdown the current version if we can export few spacses from current production. If we need to talk you can call me on 914 610 1609

we are waiting for a answer from you. How do is restore from Confluence Version 3.5.2 on Version5.4.4

Hi Raj,

This is a volunteer website, not the official support (which can be reached at http://support.atlassian.com). I'm a customer like you, helping others. You cannot expect a service and a response time from me. Besides, you're making a lot of spelling/case mistakes and it matters to me when I try to understand how to explain better.

Best regards,

Adrien

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

56 views 2 5
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you